It's not unusual to discern a marked difference between our face and feet - one is soft, supple and radiant, while the other is dry and cracked. The curious thing is that our feet can look amazing with just a bit of attention. And there's no better place to start than with pedicures.
What's involved in a pedicure
Most people indulge in pedicures only for festive occasions. However, it's great to do it regularly, either at home or at salons. Here's the procedure:
- Cut your toenails straight across with a nail cutter.
- Next, shape your nails with a cushion file so that the edges aren't ragged or sharp.
- Soak your feet in warm water for twenty minutes to soften your skin for the next step.
- Remove your feet from the bowl and use a pumice stone or salt scrub to slough away dead skin and soften calluses.
- Wash and dry your feet, before applying a moisturizer or foot lotion and massage it in.
- Wear socks to lock in the moisture and prevent it from further cracking and peeling.
Benefits of having regular pedicures
One of the benefits of indulging in regular pedicures is that you get to see how a bit of effort can lead to soft feet that look presentable. The act of massaging in lotion helps to relieve tension in your foot muscles and stimulate circulation too. If you're prone to cracked heels, regular pedicures are recommended.
Should you have a pedicure at home or the salon?
One of the benefits of having pedicures done at home is that it's inexpensive. You can create your own DIY scrubs or buy lotions and scrubs especially created for the feet.
Both spas and salons have their plus points, the most important one being convenience. Some salons make it a totally indulgent experience by adding scented candles, essential oils, foot masks and massages to the mix. Plus, you can also have a professional nail job towards the end.
Once you have dainty feet, you'll be dying to get into sandals, flats, and flip-flops for the summer. Isn't that good enough reason to get started? Go stock up on summer essentials at Paragon and flaunt those pretty feet!